100% NZ Pork Awards recipe - Egg Roll with Gold Medal Bacon and Gherkin Coleslaw
2 Free Range eggs
100g Julienne (finely sliced) carrot
100g Julienne Gherkin
75g Sliced red onion
Cooked bacon, (2 rashers of shoulder, 4 rashers of streaky, 3 rashers of any other you use)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Warm a non-stick omelette pan and melt the butter.
2. Whisk together the eggs and milk until fully incorporated then season.
3. Add the mix to the pan and cook until the eggs are fully cooked using your best omelette making skills.
4. Remove from the pan and cool whilst you make the slaw.
5. Simply mix your carrot, gherkin, red onion, capers and cooked bacon with the mayonnaise.
6. Season with salt and pepper
7. Lay the coleslaw in the centre of the omelette and roll.
8. When it is fully roll slice into 4 portions.
9. Enjoy with a salad of your choice.