Almond Chocolate Mousse Cups
Ingredients – Makes 30
I used Almond tea in this mousse the same way as you use ground coffee and have never looked back. If you love almonds and chocolate this is the recipe for you.
For the shell and almond syrup
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU WILL NEED SOME MINI MUFFIN OR OTHER MOULDS WHICH HAVE TO BE SILICON
230g Dark chocolate -I use Whittaker's its great chocolate and palm oil free!
1 Cup sugar
1 cup water
- 1. Melt the chocolate to between 31-32c then using a pastry brush paint onto some mini muffin moulds or other moulds you would like to use and allow to set. Repeat these thin layers 3 times before popping them out.
- 2. Store in a refrigerator.
- 3. Meanwhile make a simple sugar syrup using the sugar and water simmered to reduce by half then add amaretto.
For the mousse
2 cups cold heavy cream
250g Dark chocolate, finely chopped I use Whittaker's its great chocolate and palm oil free!
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons ground Italian almond tea (I use Dilmah)
6 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoon sugar
- 1. Whip the cream to soft peaks and set aside.
- 2. Combine the chocolate, butter, and tea in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, stirring frequently until smooth.
- 3. Remove from the heat and let cool until the chocolate is just slightly warmer than body temperature. To test, put the melted chocolate on your bottom lip. It should feel warm when it is ready.
- 4. Meanwhile whip the egg whites in a medium bowl until they are foamy and beginning to hold a shape. Sprinkle in the sugar slowly and beat until soft peaks form.
- 5. When the chocolate has cooled slightly, stir in the yolks.
- 6. Gently stir in about one-third of the whipped cream. Fold in half the whites just until incorporated, and then fold in the remaining whites, and finally the remaining whipped cream.
1. Only when you are ready to serve remove your chocolate cups from the fridge.
2.Fill with a little syrup then with a piping bag and star nozzle pipe the mousse into the cup.
3.Don’t eat all 30 it will make you very very sick!