1 Vanilla pod
6 Large Egg yolks (free range of course)
1. Preheat an oven to 155°C
2. De-seed the vanilla. Keep the empty pod.
3. Add the empty pod to the cream and bring to the boil, switch it off at this stage.
4. Meanwhile cream the sugar and egg yolks together along with the vanilla seeds by whisking until they are white and fluffy.
5. Strain the cream.
6. When the cream has cooled for 10 minutes add half of the cream to the yolk and sugar mix. Mix.
7. Add the rest of the cream.
8. Fill 125ml ramekins up to the first line. (Just below the rim)
9. Put the ramekins in a deep tray and fill the tray with boiling water so it reaches half way up the ramekins. (You may want to do this at the oven!)
10. Cover the tray with tin foil.
11. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
12. Check after 20 minutes and then every 5-10 minutes after that. Trying not to let the oven cool down to much.
13. Remove from the oven and allow it to sit out of the fridge in the tin foil for 10 minutes.
14. Don’t worry if they are not completely set they will set when cooling.
15. Remove tin foil but not the water and cool in the fridge.
When you are ready to serve do so with sugar and a blowtorch at hand!