Dulce de leche cheesecake
450g Digestive or ginger biscuits (make a conscious choice and buy palm oil free)
400g 50-70% milk/dark chocolate (Whittaker's or callebaut palm oil free chocolate)
200g Cream cheese
300g Dulce de leche (readily available in supermarkets now)
- Melt the butter and crush the biscuits and combine. Put into your lined cheesecake tin and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a double boiler and separately whip the cream until they have reached soft peak.
- Whisk in the cream cheese, mascarpone and sugar being sure not to over whip the mixture.
- After you have allowed the chocolate to cool slightly fold this into the cream mixture along with the dulce de leche.
- Now pour this onto the base, smooth the top and allow to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.