Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
I know it’s gone cold and rainy, why would you do an ice cream recipe Kevin? Well despite popular believe ice cream is for all occasions and I was feeling very inspired after my recent and constant visits to Giapo so I felt like making ice cream. This recipe is not for anyone on a diet!
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
2 eggs yolks
¾ pack biscuits of your choice (please make conscious decision and choose palm oil free)
3 tsp ginger
125g cream cheese
4 tablespoons lemon curd
2 lemons juice and zest
- 1. Put the milk, cream and vanilla paste into a pot and gentle bring to the boil.
- 2. When it boils switch off and leave to cool slightly.
- 3. Meanwhile whisk the sugar and eggs until they become pale and creamy.
- 4. When the cream mixture has sufficiently cooled slowly whisk into the egg mixture.
- 5. Now on a bain marie slowly cook this mixture for about 10-15 minutes constantly stirring. This must not get to hot or boiled or the eggs will scramble.
- 6. Now add the cream cheese and cool the mixture completely in the fridge.
- 7. Now following your ice cream maker directions add the mixture and churn, half way through add the lemon curd, lemon and crushed biscuits and ginger.
- 8. Continue to follow you ice cream maker instructions and freeze your ice cream. Then Enjoy!