250g Good quality dark chocolate (Whittaker's 50% or Callebaut, they are both high quality and palm oil free)
125g Caster sugar
5 Whole eggs
1 large Orange zest and juice
Butter and cocoa powder for dusting
- 1. Melt butter and chocolate in a bain marie and do not allow the bowl to touch the water.
- 2. Whilst the chocolate is melting whip the sugar and eggs until they become a light and a creamy texture, this is called creaming.
- 3. Allow the chocolate to cool for 5 minutes once melted then add to the sugar and eggs.
- 4. Add the zest of the orange and the juice.
- 5. Gently fold in the flour.
- 6. Grease and dust 6 large ramekins with cocoa powder and fill ¾’s of the way up.
- 7. Set aside in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- 8. When serving cook in an oven on 200°C for 12 minutes.
- 9. The top should be completely set but the centre should be liquid when you cut it open. If you are confident serve out of the ramekins otherwise just serve inside.