Tim Tam Cheesecake
This cheesecake was originally going to be a bit of a joke/dessert for a friend but with a few tweaks it actually made an exceptional cheesecake!
2 Packets of Tim Tams, flavour of your choice
400g 60% Dark Chocolate
200g Cream cheese
- 1. Melt the butter and crush the ¾ a packet of biscuits and combine. Put into your lined cheesecake tin and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a double boiler and separately whip the cream until they have reached soft peak.
- 3. Whisk in the cream cheese, mascarpone and sugar into the cream being sure not to over whip the mixture.
- 4. Chop ¾ of another pack of biscuits and fold into the cream ensuring they aren’t too large for this part.
- 5. After you have allowed the chocolate to cool slightly fold this into the cream mixture.
- 6. Now pour this onto the base smooth the top and allow it to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- 7. Roughly chop the remainder of the Tim Tams and sprinkle on the top as in the picture.