Thai Beefcakes with Sweet Chilli Dip
Ingredients – Makes about 16 which should be an entrée for 4
500g Mince beef
1 Red onion
3 Cloves of garlic
1 Free range egg
75g Chopped coriander leaves
2 Chillies (this ingredient varies dependant on how hot you like it)
300ml Sweet chilli sauce
50g Coriander stalks
50g Piece of ginger finely grated
Salt and Pepper for both to taste.
- 1. For the cakes: Combine mince, diced red onion, finely chopped garlic, 1 egg, the zest & juice of the lime, coriander leaves chopped and 2 chillies deseeded and chopped.
- 2. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Shape into balls the press to make disk shapes.
- 4. Heat up a frying pan and add the cooking oil.
- 5. When hot add the beef cakes in a clockwise order so you know which one you put in first and cook until well coloured and cooked. Will probably take about 4 minutes on the first side before flipping for a further 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Meanwhile in a bowl add finely chopped coriander stalks, 1 lime zest and juice, sweet chilli sauce, and ginger to make the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.