Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Pesto Crostini
Ingredients – Makes 20 canapés
1 Large Baguette, sliced to 3mm thick pieces
100ml Olive oil
10 Cherry Tomatoes, slice four pieces from each
10 Baby Mozzarella, slice four pieces from each
20 Basil Leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
200ml Basil Pesto Recipe found here
- Firstly if you are making it then do your basil pesto and store in a container in the fridge.
- Pre heat your oven to 120⁰C.
- Oil and season your baguette slices on both side.
- Lay flat on a tray and bake on both sides until just golden brown, turning half way.
- Allow to cool to become crisp.
- When ready to serve lay a basil leaf on the base, then alternatively layer mozzarella and cherry tomato slices putting two slices on each.
- Finish by garnishing with drizzling the basil pesto on top.