Honey and Wild Appetite Brown Ale and Garlic Mustard Roast Chicken
Who doesn’t love roast chicken and with Wild Appetite's Brown Ale and Garlic Mustard mixed with good old kiwi honey you can’t go wrong.
1 Free range chicken (size 18 for this recipe)
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tablespoons Good Quality Honey
6 Tablespoons Wild Appetite Brown Ale and Garlic Mustard
Splash of canola oil (or similar) for rubbing into the chicken
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C and remove the chicken to allow it to lose some of the fridge temperature.
2. Now you need to get your hands dirty! It’s the only way.
3. Rub the oil all over the chicken followed by the pepper and a healthy amount of salt.
5. Wash your hands mix together the mustard and honey.
6. Now rub this into the chicken as well.
7. Place the chicken onto a baking tray and bake for around 1 hour and 50 minutes or until the juices run clear.
TIP 1: The cooking time is longer than usually you would see and this is because the temperature is lower due to the honey. To high and it will burn.
TIP2: A tip for what I do to check the chicken if you are a little nervous is slice the leg along the joint between breast and leg and check the meat there. You should be able to check this way.
Little Something About Chicken Sizes
If you ever hear somebody reference chicken sizes as I have on the ingredients it simply represents the kilo weight of a chicken. For example a size 18 chicken will be approximately 1.8kg, a size 16 will be approximately 1.6kg.