Crab Salad with Sweet Mustard and Tomato Coulis
Light, fresh and really tasty. That’s how I would describe this dish. The sweet crab meat matched with the acidity of the coulis and mayonnaise with a touch of mustard to give it that special kick it needs.
Ingredients - serves 4
3 Large Tomatoes, 1 for salad and 2 for coulis
1 Spring onion, finely diced
1 stick Celery, finely diced
1 Lemon juice and zest
20g Wholegrain mustard
50g Light Mayonnaise
10ml White wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place crabmeat into a large mixing bowls. (You may want to pick through to ensure there are no rogue shell pieces.)
2. Chop 1 tomato, celery, and the spring onion into 1cm square dice. Mix with the crabmeat.
3. Finely chop the parsley and zest and juice the lemon. Add to the crab nix as well.
4. Now add the mustard and mayonnaise into the crab mixture. Mix well, season to taste, cover and store in the fridge.
5. Add the remaining 2 tomatoes into salted boiling water for 10 seconds.
6. Remove the skin and add to a blender with the white wine vinegar and sugar, blend to a smooth paste, adding a touch of water if desired and season.
7. Put serving rings in the centre of each plate and divide the crab mixture between the four plates. Put tomato coulis around the crab mixture and when serving remove the rings.
8. An optional serving suggestion is either some freeze dried lemon, or grapefruit segments..