Smoked Fish Fishcakes with Tartare Sauce and Salad
For the Fishcake
500g smoked fish
Salt and pepper
Butter and oil for cooking
1 Large Gherkin
1 Shallot or onion
Salad of your choice
- 1. First job is to peel and boil your potatoes, keep an eye on these as if they over boil they will be to soft and to watery to use. A tip is when ready to mash pop them into a hot oven for 5-10 minutes to slightly dry.
- 2. Chop your herbs, zest and juice lemon and combine with the smoked fish, egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. When the potatoes are dry mix with the smoked fish mix, when combined well, shape to the size you like.
- 1. Either start with homemade mayonnaise or if you must use pre-bought. (You’ll get a better result with homemade.)
- 2. Hard boil and cool the egg then coarsely chop all the ingredients and combine with the mayonnaise.
- 1. In a hot pan with oil and butter, shallow fry all of your fishcakes until golden brown then pop in the oven until hot in the middle.
- 2. When hot through the middle serve the fishcakes with the tartare sauce and salad of your choice.