Fresh Salmon Fillet with a Caper Burnt Butter Sauce and Olive Crushed Potatoes
This is the recipe cooked at the market on Sunday 15th July using Salmon from The Salmon Man.
Ingredients – Serves 4
75g Natural Butter
1 Lemon juiced and zested
1 banana shallot or ½ a small white onion diced finely
20g Chopped parsley, Italian or curly
600g Small Gourmet Potatoes
1 lemon zested and juiced
50g Chopped Parsley
Olives of your choice and as many as you feel appropriate as well!
50ml Good quality lemon oil
4 Portions of fresh salmon fillets
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Melt the butter in a clear pot, this is so you can see when it turns colour. When it begins to turn hazelnut brown remove from the heat as it will continue cooking and add all the ingredients in this order. Shallot, caper, lemon, parsley. It will sizzle frantically just mix, season and serve!
- 1. Boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to crush with a fork.
- 2. You want them quite rustic and not like mash so lightly crush the potatoes then mix in all the ingredients, I recommend serving in a ring mould to get the restaurant effect.
- 1. For the salmon I prefer to serve my pink in the middle but you may like to cook yours longer.
- 2. In a medium hot pant lay the salmon skin down, and cook lightly until ¾ of the salmon has gone pink up the sides then turn over and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 3. These timings are approximates so you will have to use a little bit of your culinary skills on this one.
Don’t forget to season all the way!