Delicious and refreshing entrée and very good as a canapé as well on some little crostini.
Ingredients – Serves 8 entrees
180g Cold Smoked salmon
180g Raw fresh salmon, boneless
50g Peeled shallots
2 Lemons, juice and zest
5ml Flavoured vinegar (cider vinegar for example)
1 Red chilli
20g Finely chopped parsley
20g Finely chopped dill
75g of diced cucumber
A sufficient glug of olive oil to serve
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Firstly finely chop you smoked and raw salmon and combine them together in a bowl.
- 2. Now finely chop the shallots and mix them into the salmon along with the lemon zest and juice.
- 3. Add the vinegar at this stage.
- 4. Set this in the fridge for 10 minutes and in the meantime finely chopped the chilli, parsley and dill.
- 5. Add the above to the salmon mix as long it is after the 10 minutes.
- 6. Chop the cucumber not quite as finely as the rest but not to chunky and set aside until serving.
- 7. 10 minutes before serving remove your salmon from the fridge and combine with the cucumber and allow the mixture to just lose its fridge temperature. 8. Finally as you are about to serve add just enough olive oil to loosen the mixture so it has a nice soft silky texture.
- 9. Season and serve