4 Lamb rumps scored and ready to roast
200g Market mushrooms
300g Instant polenta
1200ml Chicken stock
50ml Rosemary oil
Salt and pepper
- 1. In a hot frying pan with oil put in your lamb rumps skin down.
- 2. Sear all the way until the whole of the lamb is caramelised and put into a hot oven until it has reached the desired cooking temperature.
- 3. (You can choose to do this next part ahead of time) In the meantime in a separate pan sauté the market mushrooms then set aside.
- 4.At the same time bring a pot of chicken stock to the boil and rain in the polenta whilst constantly whisking do this a little at a time but in a constant flow to avoid the polenta becoming lumpy.
- 5. Continue cooking until the polenta has stiffened then add cheese and melt.
- 6. Then add the desired amount of milk to create the consistency you like.
- 7. Add mushrooms and a glug of good quality rosemary oil.
- 8. Your lamb should be ready now so allow it to rest and then carve and serve on top of the polenta perhaps with some wilted spinach.