Chorizo, Sunblushed Tomato and Feta Tagliatelle
Ingredients – Serves 4
150g Chorizo, sliced into 2cm thick circles
1 Yellow Capsicum, Deseeded and julienned
1 Green Capsicum, deseeded and julienned
½ Red Onion, sliced
50g Parsley, finely chopped
30g (approx. 1 sprig) Rosemary, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
600g Fresh Tagliatelle
250g Sunblushed tomatoes
150g Feta Cheese
75ml Olive oil
- Put a large deep pot ¾ filled with water and season. Bring this to the boil.
- Meanwhile, add the chorizo to a hot heavy pan (cast iron would be great) which has the oil added to it and fry for about 3 minutes to start bringing out the oil in the chorizo.
- Add the capsicums, onions and herbs to the chorizo and continue to fry for another 3 minutes. Season.
- At the same time add the fresh pasta to the water for 3 minutes (NO MORE!!) and when it is cooked drain and add straight into you chorizo mix.
- Remove from the heat when mixed well then add the tomatoes, feta and olive oil to finish reserving a little feta for garnish.
- Serve immediately.