My Glazed Ham
Everyone has their own method of glazing a ham. I love this method because the outside gets a really dark coloured caramelised skin that’s crispy and absolutely full of flavour.
Your choice on ham size
100ml Maple syrup
200ml Orange juice
- 1. Firstly pre-heat the oven to about 160-180°C.
- 2. In a bowl mix all the liquids until well combined.
- 3. Score the ham in a criss-cross fashion this will allow the flavours to seep into the ham and the skin will rise, it will also look great!
- 4. Put a little water at the bottom of a deep try ready for the oven.
- 5. Put the ham into the tray and brush the whole thing with the glaze you made before.
- 6. Put into the oven and every 30 mins brush again until the entire glaze is gone.
- 7. At this stage, every 15 minutes ladle the glaze that is now in the tray until the ham is almost black on the outside. Black is usually not a good thing with food but just take the ham as far as you like.