Feta and Spinach Stuffed Lamb Loin with Roast Vegetable Medley and Pea Puree
This is one of many brilliant dishes on my private dining menu.
Ingredients – Serves 4
4 x lamb loins approx. 150g each
150g large leaf spinach
300g feta cheese
400g Garden peas, fresh and blanched or pre-frozen and defrosted
1 Red capsicum 3cm x 3cm cubes
1 Yellow capsicum 3cm x 3cm cubes
100g diced potatoes approx. 3cmx3cm cubes
2 Courgettes diced 3cmx3cm cubes
150ml cooking oil for all jobs just make sure its palm oil free of course
- Start by stuffing the lamb. Have a pot of boiling water and drop the spinach in for a few seconds to wilt. Dip the spinach into cold water and then chop it roughly.
- Mix the spinach with feta cheese and cream it with a spatula and season.
- Now make a knife incision through the centre of the lamb from end to end with a paring knife.
- Put the spinach mix into a piping bag and pipe the mixture into the lamb loin
- Wrap in cling film and set in the fridge whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Now put peas into a pot with just enough water to cover them and boil.
- When boiling remove half of the water, season and blend the peas to a fine puree.
- Meanwhile mix vegetables of your choice which have been diced at about 3cmx3cm, I have used capsicum, courgette and potato. Season and oil them then roast in an oven until tender at 200°C.
- In a pan heat a little oil and when hot add the lamb (which again should be seasoned) and cook until caramelised on one side before turning and repeating on all sides. With lamb loin this should be a good indication of when it is cooked.
- Serve with the pea puree and roasted vegetables and use a little garnish if you like as in the picture I used reduced balsamic vinegar and micro leaves.