Beautiful entrée and fairly easy to make that can be made well ahead of time and used for that special dinner party.
Ingredients – Serves 4
200g Venison Denver leg
20g Cracked peppercorns
20g Juniper berries
30g Sea salt
50ml Canola oil
- 1. Chop parsley, thyme and rosemary as fine as possible. Mix with the cracked peppercorns, cracked juniper berries and sea salt set aside on a tray ready to coat later.
- 2. In a frying pan add the oil and when hot quickly sear the venison just to colour and no more.
- 3. Now roll the venison in the mixture, wrap in cling film to form a sausage shape and freeze.
- 4. 30 minutes before serving remove the venison from the freezer and when you are ready to serve slice as thin as possible on either a meat slicer or with a very sharp knife.
- 5. Allow it to defrost on the plate which will only take a few moments.