Cheese and onion pasty
Great in the winter, great for any lunch. Actually just great at anytime!
Ingredients – makes 2 large ones
4 Gourmet potatoes
400ml Milk (warmed)
100g Cheese, just regular block like Tasty, grated
50g Cheese, more of a fine cheese, like a good aged cheddar, grated
1 tsp. Mustard
Pre made puff pastry sheets
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Dice your onions and potatoes; you can decide how chunky you want it.
- 2. Sauté them in the butter until they are beginning to become tender, try not to colour.
- 3. Add flour and mix through thoroughly then add the warmed milk.
- 4. When it begins to thicken add all the cheese which has been grated and also the mustard.
- 5. When the cheese is fully melted cool the mixture as it needs to be a chilled temperature to work with the pastry.
- 6. For the pastry cut out 4 rectangles to approximately 12cmx8cm.
- 7. Mix the egg with a fork and brush the egg on to 2 sheets of pastry on one side.
- 8. Put the mixture onto the egg washed sheets and lay the second sheet on top. Egg wash the top and seal by pushing down the edges.
- 9. Bake at 180°C until the pastry is cooked and golden brown.