Easy Pea and Feta Crostini
Beautiful little canapé/platter snack, I did this for a wedding recently and they go down great especially in the summer. As always with my recipes, please support a palm oil free lifestyle and try to get bread from an artisan baker who doesn’t use palm oil and palm oil derivatives.
1 Baguette or similar, finely sliced
100ml Plain oil like canola or sunflower
500g Peas (regardless of whether you choose to use frozen or fresh just blanch them for a couple of minutes)
300g Feta cheese
50g Mint leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
200ml Olive oil
- In an oven on 100®C insert your baguette slices on a tray and sprinkle the plain oil on both sides.
- Bake until they harden on one side (approx. 15 minutes) then turn over and return to the oven until they bake to a golden brown.
- You can make these up to a week in advance if you can store them in an airtight container.
- When you are ready to serve you can make the following in a food processor or with more effort a stick blender or even a pestle and mortar.
- Add the peas, feta cheese, mint and salt and pepper to the food processor. Pulse for a few seconds.
- Add half of the olive oil and pulse again for a few seconds.
- Repeat the process.
- Adjust the seasoning to suit your taste.
- Serve and garnish with some more olive oil and perhaps some micro leaves or freshly chopped mint.